22 May 2008

"When can I get my cybernetic transformation underway?"


A biology researcher at the sci-fi blog io9 tells us all about cutting edge and future technology that will help people with disabilities. It's a nice overview with lots of good links. Check it out!
I was feeling left out of the cyborg revolution until I remembered that I became a cyborg child at the tender age of 3. My cyborg parts, although tiny, greatly reduced the frequency of chronic ear infections, ensuring that I could hear my teachers most of the time while I was in school, thus making me a more successful student! Alas, my artificial parts fell out sometime later, leaving scars on my tympanic membranes (eardrums!). As technology becomes more advanced and people live longer, more and more of us will be joining the mighty cybernetic army. What cyborg parts do you have?

Image: Luke Skywalker's artificial hand, with its access hatch open.

No comments: