13 May 2008

Sumi, the Paralympic Mascot


I was looking at the adorable mascots for the Vancouver 2010 Olympics today. They are all really cute but the cutest one is Sumi! I am totally in love with this little creature! Love love love him! He is an "animal guardian spirit," according to the vancouver 2010 website. His top half is a thunderbird and his bottom half is a black bear. He "wears the hat of the orca whale," whatever that means. Much like me, his hobbies include alpine skiing and his favorite food is hot chocolate! Anyway, I was digging on his design when I found out that he is actually the PARALYMPIC mascot! Yay! I am stoked that the Paralympics merited the cutest mascot. Someone please sell me an adult size t-shirt of him! I feel like I really want to sew a Sumi costume for Halloween! I will leave you with a shot of the dancing mascot costume version.



















Images: Top: A grinning little brown cartoon bear wearing a green tunic. He has bird's wings and wears a strange green hat with orange accents and three spikes across the top. Seated on a sled hockey sled, he is waving around two little sled hockey poles.
Bottom: A person wearing a mascot costume of the same character. He is standing on a stage, smiling, with his wings outstretched.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SO cute! I want a shirt too!